We are happy to announce that as part of Phase 2 of BC’s Restart Plan, we have re-opened our doors for in-person treatment. Online physio has been a blast, and we’re continuing to offer it for those who prefer that option. But, for the patients who would like to be back in the clinic, we have made a number of changes to our clinic policies and procedures.
What We’re Doing:
- Our therapists and staff will be wearing masks, and patients will be asked to wear a mask while in the clinic as well. Please bring one to your treatment, if you have one.
- We have staggered our appointment times, to minimize the likelihood of the front end of the clinic becoming crowded.
- We’re booking 10 minute gaps between all appointments, to allow time to disinfect the treatment rooms.
- We have decreased the number of patients we see in a day by 40%.
- Our front desk staff will be cleaning high-touch surfaces throughout the clinic, multiple times daily.
- We have upgraded all our cleaning products to ensure compliance with Health Canada guidelines for COVID-19 management.
- We’re making a quick screening phone call prior to all appointments, to ensure that patients are appropriate to enter the clinic.
- Our waiting room chairs have been removed, to prevent gathering of people at the front of the clinic. Upon arrival, you will be asked to clean your hands, put on a mask, and be taken to a private treatment room, where your therapist will meet you.
- Our gym will be closed until further notice.
- We can accept payment through Jane, our online booking software, or over the phone, as well as in person.
- All our staff members perform a daily self-health check, and only report to work if they are 100% symptom free.
- We’ve gone paperless! New patients will receive an email with all necessary forms (new patient intake, direct billing consent) prior to your appointment. Please complete these forms ahead of time, to ensure that your appointment time can be spent on treatment.
- We’re continuing to monitor for updates from the provincial and national health offices, and are making policy changes accordingly.
How you can help:
- If you or someone you live with has been experiencing any symptoms of illness, we ask that you inform us, before coming to the clinic. In the unlikely event that you have been out of the province in the last 14 days, please also inform us immediately.
- If you are unsure, please consult the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool.
- As our washroom will need to be thoroughly cleaned after each and every use, we are limiting its use to emergencies only. Please use toileting facilities at your home prior to your appointment.
- To continue following social distancing recommendations, we ask that you arrive for your appointment alone. Caregivers will be permitted into the clinic with patients only when necessary.
- Please wait in your car or outside the clinic until your scheduled appointment time.
- Please bring only the personal belongings you will need for your appointment.
Despite the changes, we are happy to be back in the clinic, and able to offer services to our patients again. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation with these essential new policies, and we’re excited to help you all move, feel, and live better!
Tags: COVID-19 In-person treatment Policies Procedures Restart telerehabilitation